Grand Canyon University
Online – Now Enrolling!
Grand Canyon University’s reputation for academic excellence has been built over decades; our strengths are what set us apart from our competition.
Founded in 1949, we are a university with a rich history of academic excellence, but with our continued growth and expansion, we are also pioneers in delivering private, Christian education in an affordable way.
As we continue to build upon our rich history, having a strong image helps us convey our strengths, our uniqueness and the spirit of our institution.
GCU offers online based degree programs within a dynamic learning environment for both traditional students as well as working professionals:
- Business and Management
- Nursing and Health Care
- Teaching and School Administration
- Psychology and Counseling
- Theology and Ministry
- Performing Arts and Creative Design
- Medical Studies and Athletic Sciences
- Criminal, Political and Social Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Language and Communications
- Earlier Graduation – Our 4 credit classes allow you to complete your nursing degree in less time.
- Degree Variety – GCU offers bachelors and masters degrees, as well as post-masters certificates. We offer high-demand programs such as RN to BSN, and MSN’s with multiple emphases.
- Accredited – The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions offers programs accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)1 and approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Learn From Leaders – At Grand Canyon University, classes are taught by industry leaders and subject matter experts
Our courses are appropriately sized for each content area and offer engaging interaction with classmates as well as individual attention from instructors who care about your success.
GCU is also experiencing an exciting time of campus expansion new dorms, classrooms, a student recreation center, food court and bowling alley. The main attraction is GCU’s new 7,000-seat Arena that is home to our men’s and women’s basketball teams and also hosts other events such as concerts and world-renowned Christian speakers.
As a regionally accredited university, GCU is consistently ranked among top colleges offering online courses by noteworthy sources including Fortune Small Business, Online Education Database (OEDb) and more.
Grand Canyon University has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission continually, since 1968. Grand Canyon University obtained its most recent 10-year reaccreditation in 2007. The Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education licenses Grand Canyon University in Arizona.
Talk to a helpful admissions advisor by filling out the form today!
In addition, the university has obtained the following specialized accreditations and approvals for our core program offerings: Accreditation Council Business Schools and Programs, Arizona State Board of Education, Arizona Department of Education, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411
1The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master’s degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
GCU’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is also approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
2Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Registered Nurses, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm